We are a group of independent companions and our membership is comprised of people of all races, religions, ages (18+), backgrounds, genders, and gender presentations. We each have our own unique style and a variety of services is available within our group: escort companionship, erotic massage, and BDSM/fetish services. Ottawa Independent Companions is run entirely for-and-by sex workers ourselves.
For clients, we offer a place to find local companions who are guaranteed to be who they say they are, who are discreet and who always act in a professional manner. Wonderfully diverse in the experiences that we each provide, every member of our collective will offer you an unforgettable and exciting erotic experience. We also occasionally host social events for companions and clients.
For independent companions, our goal is to provide a safe place to collectively organize with other local independent companions. We have a private members-only platform to communicate with each other and help foster a sense of community and reduce isolation. We share resources, post bad dates, discuss safety strategies, vent when we’re having a bad day, organize private sex worker only get-togethers, and make new industry friends! Secondary to this primary mission, we also showcase our members on our website for clients to find trustworthy and professional erotic service providers in Ottawa.
Companions based in other cities who regularly travel to Ottawa and have close ties to members of the OIC collective may also be eligible to join OIC on a ‘Visiting Companion” membership basis and have a profile showcased on our website.
In order to become a member of our collective a provider must receive a referral from an existing member. If no such referral is available, a provider will be screened in person and admitted by two OIC committee members. Members must also believe in, and always conduct themselves in accordance with our Statement of Values.
Contact us if you think you’d be a good fit for our collective. We love welcoming new members who share our values and we are always looking to grow our community!
Ottawa Independent Companions’ Statement of Values was created collaboratively by the founding members of OIC and is always open for discussion and changes by our members as we grow. progress and evolve as a collective. All members must wholeheartedly agree to abide by the following:
- Behave respectfully and conscientiously in our interactions with others.
- Strive to support one another, reduce isolation, share information, share resources, and work collaboratively on issues that affect our day-to-day working lives.
- Encourage diversity in all forms within the collective (race, background, gender identity, ability, etc)
- In our advertising and provision of services we do not discriminate on the basis of race.
- Respect confidentiality, privacy, and discretion as being vital for all members of this collective and our clients.
- Respect the autonomy that every provider has over their own brand, work, and protocols.
- Recognize that OIC goes beyond an advertising platform. The advertising platform is a secondary benefit to OIC members, but not our primary goal as a collective.
- Ottawa-based members should participate in on-going conversations about the direction of the collective, checking in on our members-only platform a minimum of once per week to stay up-to-date on collective matters.
- We stand in solidarity with other sex workers and do not publicly shame, humiliate, or comment negatively on the business practices of other providers in semi-private or public forums. For example, we do not post negatively about a member, or non-member’s website, photos, appearance, attitude, marketing, etc.